Every 龙8国际授权网站 student is assigned a Student Advisor who is responsible for providing guidance to our student family, 包括:
- Advocating for students when appropriate
- Assisting in finding resources (such as childcare, counseling, transportation and/or emergency help)
- Coaching and supporting your success at 龙8国际授权网站
- Help in navigating SAOIC’s policies and procedures
住宿 & 残疾人服务
Summit Academy seeks to create a welcoming environment in which all students can reach their academic potential, have equal access to academic opportunities and activities, and is committed to addressing barriers encountered by members of the campus community with appropriately documented physical, 认知, 和心理障碍. Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, individuals with disabilities are protected from discrimination and assured services.
For information regarding reasonable accommodations during entrance testing or while attending Summit Academy, 联系 迈克尔的海报.
Students at Summit Academy benefit from discounted bus passes. 作为即将毕业的学生, financial assistance may be available for costs related to transportation. Student Advisors and Career Success Coaches help students navigate these resources.
午餐 & 学习
These are temporarily suspended during the 新型冠状病毒肺炎 pandemic.
Our Food 4 Thought programs work to consistently provide holistic and inclusive support services to our students in a compassionate and respectful environment.
- 棕色包午餐: These presentations provide information on off-campus community services and resources addressing student needs/concerns.
- 北在工作: These presentations are specifically designed for African-American and Latino males ages 25 and older and are held every Tuesday & Friday during Weeks 3-9 from 11:30 a.m.-12: 45 p.m. 演讲 provide personal and professional development information in addition to resources addressing expressed needs/concerns.
- 冠军的早餐: Held every Tuesday and Friday from 7:50 a.m.-8:20 a.m. 在每个项目的第2-9周. Students enjoy free breakfast and coffee while learning about career readiness skills, 沟通方式, 领导风格, 和研究能力.
- 女人也戴安全帽(whh2): Our WWHH2 lunches provide our female construction students with information on topics pertaining to women in the construction field. This event occurs bi-weekly on Mondays, weeks 2-8 for Phase 1 students and weeks 12-18 for Phase 2 students.
第九条, part of a 1972 federal education law, prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in any federally funded education program or activity. 性骚扰, 性暴力, 微分处理, and gender-based harassment are forms of sex discrimination. Summit Academy is committed to providing an environment free from discrimination and training on these topics is provided to all students at the beginning of their program.
Anyone wishing to report a 第九条 complaint may do so in person to the Director of Academic Programs or the Director of Student Services. An anonymous complaint can be submitted electronically by clicking below.
校园安全 & 安全
Campus safety is a priority at Summit Academy and is everyone’s responsibility. Procedures for safety and security can be found in the 成功学生手册, Annual 校园安全 and 安全 Report, and in campus plans available at the reception desk.
Summit Academy’s campus environment is supportive and inclusive. We support academic success and work readiness by providing access to community-based health and wellness resources. Please 联系 the following organization if you are in need of assistance:
Northpoint健康 & 保健中心,公司.
Specialties: Mental Health, Drug Addiction, and Sexual Health